Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tips to overcome sleepiness


  • Caffeine, but I wouldn't advise it. Caffeine works well for some people, but there are negative effects to your health with constant use of caffeine. See some of the tips below to wake you up with no caffeine needed!

  • 2
    Stretch. Stretching wakes up the mind as well as the body. Stretching causes the muscles to contract, which causes an increase of blood flow, which can increase you alertness and brain function.

  • 3
    Take a walk. Doing short, leisurely activities also helps to increase blood flow and wake you up.

  • 4
    Don't give into it. I find that when I am tired, I complain (sometimes only to myself) about how tired I am. If I stop the thought and shake it off I feel much better.

    So the next time you find yourself thinking 'Man, am I tired!' stop, shake your head and think 'Nope, I am fine!'. I know it sounds cheesy but it really works!!

  • 5
    Take a mini mind vacation. Make sure you do this sitting up, so you don't fall asleep. Close your eyes and slowly breath in and out. Now think about some place that you would really like to go or some place that you have been that you really enjoyed. Imagine yourself there. Continue this for 5 minutes.

  • 6
    Give yourself a rub up. Rub both your arms and legs slowly. On your arms start from your wrist and end with your shoulder. On your legs start with your ankles. You can do this in a straight line or from side to side. Add a bit of pressure while rubbing. This also increases blood flow.




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment